Rapid COVID-19 Testing
Rapid COVID-19 Test Options/Pricing
- Rapid COVID-19 Antibody Test: $75
- Rapid COVID-19 Antibody PLUS COVID-19 Nasopharyngeal Swab: $150 + Lab Fee*
- COVID-19 Nasopharyngeal Swab: $100 + Labs Fee*
- COVID-19 Swab PLUS Respiratory Viral Panel Nasopharyngeal Swab: $100 + Labs Fee*
If preferred, PR may bill your insurance. This fee is separate and in addition to the test fee.
- Rapid Influenza (Flu A & B): $75
- Rapid Strep: $50
- Combination COVID-19/Rapid Influenza: $125
- Combination Rapid COVID-19/Rapid Influenza/Rapid Strep: $150
About COVID Testing in Destin, FL:
Rapid COVID-19 Antibody tests a small sample of blood taken after a finger stick. Results are available within 10-15 minutes. A positive IgM antibody is evidence of a likely recent infection. A positive IgG antibody is evidence of a prior COVID-19 infection but does not guarantee COVID-19 immunity.
Rapid COVID testing are not 100% sensitive or specific. False negatives and false positives are possible. Results from antibody testing should not be used as the sole basis to diagnose or exclude SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) infections or to inform infection status. *This information is adapted from:
COVID-19 Nasopharyngeal Swab detects SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid to determine whether an infection with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is present. Viral tests are recommended to diagnose acute infection of both symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals, to guide contact tracing, treatment options, and isolation requirements.
*This information is adapted from: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/testing-overview.html
The Crane Center Destin fl overnight ships these tests to a laboratory for analysis. Results are typically available within 3-4 days. Prorentata offers, at an additional fee, to run a Respiratory Viral Panel on the provided sample that tests for 13+ additional viruses.
- Rapid Influenza test uses a sample collected from the nasopharynx (though the nose) using a cotton swab. Results are available within 10-15 minutes. Reliability of this test decreases after 3-4 days from symptom onset. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/testing.htm
- Rapid Strep tests for Group A Strep using a sample collected by swabbing the tonsils and the back of your throat. Results are available within 10-15 minutes. A sore throat that starts quickly, pain with swallowing, and fever are some of the common signs and symptoms of strep throat.
- Signs typically do not include cough, hoarseness, conjunctivitis, or runny nose. Strep is most common in persons ages 3-14 and is rare in children under the age or 3 or in adults 45 or older. https://www.cdc.gov/groupastrep/diseases-public/strep-throat.html